Studying the Bible is one of the greatest privileges on earth, but sometimes it’s difficult to apply the lessons of the Bible to the life you’re living now. This is why devotionals for women are such a great resource.
While devotional reading should not be your core way to interact with the Bible, they help when you want to apply God’s Word to your situation. Here are some of the best devotionals for women.
What is the Purpose of Devotionals for Women?
Table of Contents
Have you ever found yourself wondering, “What should I do for daily devotions?” then you’re in the right place. It’s easy to get distracted on what to read or study in the Bible, especially when you’re just getting started. Devotional books can help you to zero in on a topic as you sit down each day to spend time with God.
I don’t know about you, but sometimes when I sit down with my Bible in my lap, my brain chooses that moment to start creating a to-do list. It can sometimes seem as if every stray though chooses that moment of quiet to dance through my mind. And this is where devotionals can help.
Devotionals may help you quiet your mind so you can get the most of the time you spend with God because they give you something to focus on, especially for those days when you don’t have a plan.
Related: Free Bible Reading Plan
How to Get the Most Out of Your Devotional Reading
Devotional readings typically have a focus verse or passage of Scripture, an exposition by the author which may include an explanation of the text or how it played out in their life, and a prayer. Some devotionals may include a way you may apply it to your life, or may invite you to interact with the text by journaling your thoughts or answering your questions.
To get the most out of your devotional time, there are six things you can do:
1. Read the entire chapter for the focus verse. This will allow you to see the verse in the surrounding context and will give you a better understanding of it.
2. Think about the passage that you read and what it means. God invites us to meditate on His Word. Think about the verse, passage, or chapter that you read. Try to understand what it may have meant to the original audience before trying to see how it may apply to your life.
3. Think about the author has written. When you read devotionals, it’s easy to accept the author’s interpretation as the final word on what the Bible has to say but that should not be the case. Think about how your devotional lines up with what the Bible has to say. Can you think of other Scriptures to support their viewpoint?
4. Journal your thoughts. Write down what the Holy Spirit reveals to you during your devotional reading.
5. Memorize Scripture. Does the focal verse resonate with you? Did one of the verses from the surrounding passage? Consider committing this verse to memory.
6. Do a deeper study. Spend some time doing a deeper study on the verse or passage of Scripture in your devotional.
One Year Devotionals for Women
One-year devotionals for women are generally written around central themes. Devotionals may be seasonal, thematic, or a combination of both. The devotionals in this category will give you something to ponder every day for 365 days.
- Unshakeable: 365 Devotions for Finding Unwavering Strength in God’s Word
- Moments of Peace for Moms: 365 Daily Devotions from Our Daily Bread
- Quiet Times with God Devotional: 365 Daily Inspirations
- God Hears Her: 365 Devotions for Women by Women
- Be Still and Know: 365 Daily Devotions
Devotionals for Moms
Being a mom is a great blessing but there are times when you want someone to speak life and light over your situation. Devotionals for moms are a great way to do that. The devotionals in this category will encourage your momma’s heart.
- Find Peace: A 40-day Devotional Journey For Moms
- The Better Mom Devotional: Shaping Our Hearts as We Shape Our Homes
- Midnight Mom Devotional: 365 Prayers to Put Your Momma Heart to Rest
- 5-Minute Devotions for Mom: 150 Days of Peace, Prayer, and the Power of God
- The Single Mom’s Devotional: A Book Of 52 Practical And Encouraging Devotions
Devotionals for Women Who Are Pressed for Time
We’ve all been there: we woke up late or so many things went wrong that you only have a few minutes to get a word of inspiration. All the devotionals in this section will take you five minutes or less.
- 3-Minute Devotions from the Proverbs: Wisdom for Women
- Too Blessed to be Stressed: 3-Minute Devotions for Women
- Choose Joy: 3-Minute Devotions for Women
- 3-Minute Devotions for Moms of Little Ones
- One-Minute Inspirations for Women
Thematic Devotionals for Women
There are many times when you wonder if the issues that prevail in your life are shared by other women. It helps to read devotionals that are centered around a particular theme. This provides a reminder that you’re not alone: there are other women like you and God has not left you alone.
- Worry Less, Pray More: A Woman’s Devotional Guide to Anxiety-Free Living
- Jesus Always (with Bonus Content): Embracing Joy in His Presence
- Earth Psalms: Reflections on How God Speaks through Nature
- The Confident Woman Devotional: 365 Daily Inspirations
- Daily Guideposts 2021 Large Print
Devotionals for Women Who Love to Journal
One of the things I love about devotionals is that they stimulate thought. often, the devotional writer has me seeing another nuance in Scripture or another way to apply it to my circumstances. Journaling can be a great way to ramp up your devotional reading time. All the devotionals in this section will encourage you to journal your thoughts…some even have space in the paper copies for journaling.
- Embraced: 100 Devotions to Know God Is Holding You Close
- How To Find Your Gratitude Attitude: A 21 Day Devotional
- 100 Days of Grace & Gratitude: A Devotional Journal
- 100 Days of Believing Bigger: Devotional Journal
- 100 Days of Faith Over Fear: Devotional Journal
- Draw Closer: 52 Week Devotional Journal for Women
- Finding True Rest in a Busy Life
Devotionals for Wives
Wehn women become wives, it’s especially important to have biblical truth as as a guiding force. Devotionals for women that focus on our roles as wives is a great place to start
- The Power of a Praying® Wife Devotional
- Wife in Pursuit: 31 Daily Challenges for Loving Your Husband Well
- Partners in the Gospel: 50 Meditations for Pastors’ and Elders’ Wives
- #Staymarried: A Couples Devotional: 30-Minute Weekly Devotions to Grow In Faith And Joy from I Do to Ever After
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotional Stories for Wives: 101 Daily Devotions to Comfort, Encourage, and Inspire You
Other Devotionals for Women to Consider
Alright, so there are a lot of great devotionals out there, so many that it made compiling this list hard because I wanted to stick to particular themes. Still, there were some that I thought would be a great resource for you that didn’t quite match the existing categories but I didn’t want you to miss out.
- The One Year Daily Acts of Kindness Devotional: 365 Inspiring Ideas to Reveal, Give, and Find God’s Love
- The New Women of Color Daily Devotional: Fall/ Winter Edition
- Scripture Memory Map for Women: A Creative Journal
- The 5-Minute Bible Study Journal for Women
Devotionals are a great way for women to spend some time with their Heavenly Father. They offer encouragement, insight, and wisdom on days when you don’t have enough time to dig into the Bible for yourself. I hope you’ll find something to encourage your faith on this list of devotionals for women.
Did you see your favorite devotional on the list? Share it in the comments below.
You may also like: